Katakuchi Kinmaki cold sake set (Kurokesshou)
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
Yamai Pottery intentionally uses red clay and beautiful curved shapes to express “wabi-sabi” that is achieved only by gaba (slip) casting. This product is handmade by craftpersons throughout all processes from the molding process. The beauty of the soft curves and the profoundness of the expression can only be achieved using this method. The product, especially the Katakuchi container with a one-side spout, has an “ekubo,” a small dimple that makes it to easy to hold even though the product has a wider shape. Because of its shape, insightful design and glazed pure gold achieved only by handcrafting, the Katakuchi container with a one-side spout is very suitable for special occasions such as celebrations and is an excellent item for spending special moments.
We are pleased to announce that our Katakuchi Kinmaki cold sake set (Kurokesshou/Shirokesshou) have received the Gold Award for Omotenashi Selection 2022.
We hope that many people will know the quality of this product.
Cold Sake Cup No. 2
Dimensions: 113 × 90 × 105 mm
Capacity: 510 cc
Weight: 300 g
Flat Sake Cup
Dimensions: 65 × 65 × 43 mm
Capacity: 45 cc
Weight: 50 g
- After use, soak in hot water for about 10 minutes to remove the soaking liquor.
- Use a long, thin brush, such as a pig bristle or nylon, to clean the inside with dishwashing detergent.
- For heavy stains or mold, use chlorine bleach or baking soda.
- After drying the inside well, cover the mouth with plastic wrap to prevent dust from getting in and store it facing up.
We are dedicated to hand making pottery that expresses the Japanese philosophy of wabi-sabi (finding beauty in organic imperfection).
In the Toki region, where our company is located, a unique process called "slip casting" (drained mud casting) was actively practiced due to the abundance of pottery clay. Slip casting is the practice of dumping excess mud into a plaster mold after it has hardened to a certain degree.
Our Japanese tableware is mainly earthenware pottery. We steadfastly continue this traditional handmade approach and work with the utmost care and attention. The skill and sincerity of our craftsmen can be seen and felt throughout our products.
Per the unique Japanese worldview of wabi-sabi, red clay is used, covered with a layer of clay, and fired two or three times. The pottery is unglazed two or three times before being covered with makeup clay to create subtle changes in the clay's color.
The softness and elegance of clay alone and the warmth of our craftsman's touch give these products a unique aesthetic. Even the appearance of gradual decay is sublimated to the most refined beauty...
We invite you to touch and feel the difference between our artisanal pottery versus the mass-produced items that flood the market.
- Please note that even with the same clay, technique, and glaze, the color, and size of the product may vary slightly from firing day to firing day due to differences in the amount of fire in the kiln, gas pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- Uneven glaze, flakes, pools, crazing, iron powder, and pinholes may be seen in some cases. However, these are our pottery's natural characteristics.
- A craze is a crack pattern in the glaze caused by the difference in shrinkage between the glaze and the base material during the cooling process after firing. They are often mistaken for cracks, scratches, or fissures, but they are not the same. These are not defects.
- The patterns of our pottery's glaze naturally show various expressions when exposed to light. These are natural features and highlights inherent to our methods of pottery.
• Before placing your order, you will be given the option of having us gift-wrap the items before shipping them to you.
• The wrapping paper is beautiful translucent Tosa washi with a pattern called "Seigaiha" (blue ocean waves), a gentle and auspicious wave pattern used in kimonos, dances, and Kabuki performances.
• This paper is only available in red.
• We reserve the right to change the type of wrapping paper used without notice.
• If you would like to have multiple items wrapped in one package, please indicate so in the memo field.
• If you do not have a specific request, we will prepare to wrap for multiple items separately.
• The picture of the wrapping material is meant to give an indication. Your wrapping may look different.
• Wrapping may differ for different products due to variations in their size and shape.
- Before using the product for the first time, be sure to wash it with water or lukewarm water.
- Even if the product is microwave-safe, please do not use it at high wattage, for a long time, or immediately after taking it out of the refrigerator, as it may crack or be damaged if the temperature changes too much.
- The dishwasher can be used, but please be careful not to overfill the dishwasher. If your item comes into contact with the surrounding dishes, it may be damaged.
- If there are any cracks or fissures, please stop using the product for safety reasons.
- After use, clean the product as soon as possible and dry it well before storing it.
- Wash with a soft sponge. Do not use abrasives, harsh detergents, cleansers, or metal scrubbers, as they may scratch the surface if scrubbed too hard.
Please check the product as soon as you receive it.
If the product is different from what you ordered or is damaged, please contact us within three days of receiving it, with a description of the issue and a photo.
We will send you a replacement product as soon as possible. However, if it is not in stock, we may substitute an alternative product of equivalent value. In either case, we will bear the shipping costs. Alternatively, we may issue a refund.
Please note that refunds will only be issued if the item is not in stock.
Returns & Exchanges at Customers' Convenience
Changed your mind? Returns for customer convenience of items purchased through YamaiPottery.com will be accepted for store credit only if the item is unused and within seven days of delivery. The customer will bear shipping costs.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, address, phone number, order number, email address, and intent to return the product. You must return the product in its original condition and packaging.
We will process your return as soon as we receive confirmation of the returned items.
Any damage to the item is the customer’s responsibility, including those caused during transportation, so please pack the item well. If the item is damaged, we will not be able to process the return. Shipping insurance can be added if needed.
Variations in Physical Characteristics
While we only dispatch items that have passed our quality inspection, please note that they may vary in physical characteristics.
Even if the same clay, technique, and glaze are used, the amount of fire, gas pressure, temperature, and humidity in the kiln during firing changes depending on the day. As a result, each piece's colors and dimensions can vary.
Accidental finishes caused by uneven temperatures, known as kiln changes, give individuality to the shades of color and the appearance of patterns. Thus, pottery is said to be a living thing.
There may also be glaze bleeding, drips, pooling, spattering, peeling, warping, iron powder, or pinholes. Rather than faults, these are features that make the piece unique and original.